Wednesday, September 27, 2006

In short, I probably should have just scheduled to come home earlier... Then I would have had a week to readjust before coming back to work, I've only given myself a single day.

Whats happened in the last couple weeks:
1) Got stuck in Cork for 4 or 5 days, because I had food poisining and was in too much pain to leave the bathroom the entire time for the most part.
2) finally just ate the pain and took a bus to Killarney National Park (in Ireland still), where the breathtaking views made me feel a little better, untill I started shitting blood. Talk about a vacation eh? I quickly took the next train to dublin so I could return the bike and fly out, trying to get to my relatives houses in Hattingen, Germany.
3) I had to spend the night in the Netherlands, in a town 40 minutes from amsterdam. I felt a lot better after that night, so I went and walked around Amsterdam the next day and saw a very inspiring Enviro-Photography exibit. Highlight.
4)Took a train to Hattingen, spent time with Onkel Oskar and Tante Kathie (the older couple in the pictures) then took a train to Bobenheim to spend time with Wilfried and Lilli (the younger couple in the pictures). It was really nice spending time with my family there, thats the part that I wouldnt take away.
5)took off for Venice, Italy. Spent a couple days there getting lost in the streets, that was cool. Nice weather too.
6)Finally im writing this here in Corfu, Greece at the Sunrock hostel. It just so happens that I got to corfu right when it got colder and started absolutely dumping rain, so much so that it hurts to be outside. Its clearing up the day I leave, which is pretty consistant with the way luck goes sometimes eh? It was apparently really nice for the two weeks before I got here. So again its another place where Im stuck in the hostel.

Now I hope I can get back to Frankfurt, and that the ferry back to Venice isnt cancelled, otherwise im gonna have to buy another ticket home. I wish I had gotten home a week ago.































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home