Saturday, September 02, 2006

Just a quick update. We biked from Courtown to Wexford, and now we are going to hazard harsh winds and really heavy rain for Arthurstown, but who knows how well we will do. The original idea was to bike to Tremore, but thats an 80km ride and with the weather how it is, I doubt we would make it. The wind is so bad that my backpack is like a sail pulling me back, forcing me to use the lowest gear. In retrospect, I should have gotten a couple of those sacks that fit on the side of the bike (and are waterproof), but those were something like 130 euro each, and I wasnt prepared to pay that for just 20 days of cycling.

The sheer weight of the pack on my ass hurts so bad. My muscles are totally fine, but it gets so painful to sit on the seat with all that extra weight on my back that I can barely bike farther than 60km a day.

Anyway, I wouldnt be doing this if it werent a challenge, and that it is.

Ill try to get pictures up, but since I dont have access to a laptop anymore, I cant really get my photos off and post anything at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home