Tuesday, September 05, 2006

So tonight is going to be my 4th night in Tramore. This town is awesome, if you ever come to Ireland and like things to do besides pub crawling, come here. There is still a really nice pub, the Victoria House, but the rest are a little more low class apparently. Plus the hostel I'm staying in kicks ass. Its basically just a surfer beach house that you can pay to stay in, and since we've been here for so long the guy is only charging us 10 euro a night. Best hostel ever. Also everyone that has come through there is awesome. We met this one dude, Adam, who is working at a hotel here, and hes also into photography. Its always refreshing to meet another photographer and be able to chat about it, since I dont really know too many back home.

Anyway, the real reason to stay is surfing. Yes there is surfing in Ireland. I surfed a little yesterday and I'm doing it all day today as soon as I get off this entry. The waves, surprisingly, arent that bad. The beach is shallow for a long time... it extends for about a half kilometer out into the ocean about 4 or 5 feet deep the whole way, all sand no rocks. Plus there arent any nasty animals in this part, so theres pretty much nothing to worry about.

I also went on a day long photo shoot and got some awesome photos to show, but unfortunately I still cant post anything yet. I'll maybe be able to post stuff when Im in Cork, but we'll see... I'll definitely be able to post when Im in germany with the relatives.

So tomorrow we're doing that 77km ride to the next town, which is pronounced "Y'all." Then its 50km more the next day and we are in Cork! Sweet.

Oh yeah, some Brazillian guy last night was laughing at me for saying "Sweet," because its the first time hes ever heard someone say that in real life. The other place he has heard it was in "Dude, wheres my car." Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home