Friday, September 08, 2006

Well, after biking on the horrible N25 freeway, we are in Cork. Lost Cody for a bit at the end since I had to take a detour to nurse my knee back to health enough to bike the rest of the way. So now we are staying at hostels on opposite sides of Cork, and have to communicate via email. Though today is likely the last day we will hang out before going our seperate ways. My knees have made sure that Cork is my final destination. Not a bad distance really, but I'm disappointed that instead of stopping due to being tired, I have to stop due to health reasons. It was a good journey though, hopefully in the future I can condition my knees to work better so I can do something more long distance. But as it is, I was biking the last 10km of the journey with primarily my right leg (my left knee is the gimpy one), and thats a pain.

Funny thing that happened, some guy on the freeway in a tiny car drove up right next to me and proclaimed "You're strange, you're strange" and drove off. I was confused, to say the least. What an odd thing to do, and on the freeway when people are going 120km/hr around him as well. Turns out there is a town called "Estrange" or something along those lines, but still, kinda silly. Also, the Brazilian guy I met in Tramore would forget my name, and just call me "hey Sweet!" since I was the first person he had ever heard say that. I suppose I've been dubbed "Sweet" on this trip.

So now my options are open. I'm done with biking, and after I get back to Dublin, I can go and do whatever I want. I was considering tons of stuff, like just flying straight some greek islands, or just staying in Tramore again for more surfing, or going straight to germany to spend some 20 days there or so. I dont know what I'm doing, but I'm not gonna rush myself, I have all the time in the world to do something or nothing, both of which I'll be happy to do. But one thing is for sure, I'm getting the bloody hell out of Cork. I'm not really one for the big cities. Doing a pub crawl every once in a while is pretty damn fun, but I'm kinda sick of it by now, and people are just so much more open in the countryside for the most part anyway. Plus I love the outdoors (meaning not urban outdoors, the REAL outdoors) where I can just up and hike somewhere on a moments notice. Perhaps I'll just take a bus to Kilarney National Park. I hear its awesome.

No pictures at the moment unfortunately, still cant find a place where I can use a computer normally. All the computers here are nerfed with the lame internet use software that only lets you launch internet explorer. Blah. Where are some hax when I need them?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home